Today I'm joined by freelance travel and nature photographer Ignacio Palacios who has travelled 92 countries across his 23 year career, and whose images have earned over 100 photography awards in that time, including being awarded the status of Master of Photography with 1 gold bar with the Australian Institute of Professional Photography.
In this episode we talk about what Ignacio has been up to as a travel photographer in worldwide lockdown and how he's stayed productive, how he researches and plans trips to get the most out of every opportunity, and how to look beyond the typical Iconic landscape scenes to capture something more intimate and intriguing, plus lots more that should ignite the travel bug in you ready for when the world gets back to something resembling normal!
IpTravelPhotography.com.au – Visit Ignacios website to browse his portfolio of breathtaking photography, and find out more about his tours, workshops, and books.
Download Ignacio's ebooks mentioned in the episode:
- Dissecting Award Winning Shots: Landscapes (Volume 1)
- Dissecting Award Winning Shots: Landscapes (Volume 2)
- Dissecting Award Winning Shots: Wildlife
- Staying productive as a travel photographer during lockdown by diversifying your business
- The difference between landscape photography and travel photography
- What entering photography competitions can do for your career
- Planning and researching new travel locations
- How to come away from iconic photography locations with photos that are different from the rest
- How to keep the viewer intrigued and viewing your images for longer
- Where a travel photographer who has visited over 90 countries continues to get his inspiration from
- How forming a small collective among your likeminded peers can help you all grow, learn, and progress together.
Ignacio On Instagram
This episode is sponsored by your host, Steve Arnold. Learn Photoshop with Steve via his online courses at Photo Mastery Club
Luminosity Masking Panel for Photoshop – Designed and developed by Steve Arnold to make luminosity masking quicker, easier, and more effective. Podcast listeners receive a 45% discount!