Our guest this week is the incredibly talented and multi-award winning photographer Mieke Boynton!
Mieke's recent accolades among many other awards, includes the 2019 victorian landscape photographer of the year with the AIPP, and epson pano awards open photographer of the year 2019..
One of my favourite things about Mieke's work is her skill at finding patterns in nature, whether in abstract arial imagery or from the ground, and over the course of our conversation I came to learn how connecting with nature on a deeper level is a big part of what goes into achieving that.
Resources & Links
Mieke's Online Workshops – Learn more with Mieke on one of her online workshops covering a wide range of photography topics.
Mieke's COVID19 Print Sale – Own a piece of Miekes art for your wall at a discounted price (very limited!)
Subscribe to Mieke's email newsletter – to stay in the loop with news and updates from Mieke including new workshop announcements and more
- Letting nature be the star
- How preconceptions can prevent you seeing what's there
- The joy of looking beyond the iconic shots
- Connecting with the landscape on a deeper level
- Photographing arials from a helicopter VS with a drone
- Why the experience of capturing photos can mean more than the end result
- Embracing the quiet and eliminating noise
- Picking out abstract arial compositions from a massive vista
- Mieke's #1 goal when editing her images
- The value in taking your time to release new images
- What it takes to have a successful exhibition of your work
- How to sell prints in an exhibition
- Knowing your audience
Mieke Boynton on Instagram
Luminosity Masking Panel for Photoshop – Designed and developed by Steve Arnold to make luminosity masking quicker, easier, and more effective. Podcast listeners receive a 45% discount!